Upon successful completion of the course, students should be able to:
1. Identify the core values and ethics of the Security Officer as a professional.
2. Demonstrate an introductory understanding of the theory and principles surrounding the responsibilities of the private Security Officer.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of practice/skills necessary to professionally and effectively complete tasks as a Security Officer.
4. Engage in problem identification and assessment, as well as root/cause analysis with the objective of effective reporting and resolution.
5. Demonstrate tact, diplomacy and impartiality when dealing with issues of diversity in race, ethnicity, culture, class, gender, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental ability, or age.
6. Demonstrate an awareness of accepted guidelines and practices governing the private Security Industry in Jamaica.
History of private security with reference to .Jamaica.
Security Ethics-Code of Conduct.
Standard Order & Code of conduct expected from a Private.
Security Guards-including dress code Disciplinary Procedures.Physical Training
- Teacher: Mr. Julian H Pitkin